Evil Eyes: The Mummy is a historical fantasy epic currently set in Killarney, the Republic of Ireland. The game is the longest-living and only-living game based on The Mummy and The Mummy Returns by Universal Studios. Our stories are centered on the globetrotting race to find the legendary Karawan Amulets, two powerful amulets created for Pharaoh Seti I by the Egyptian Gods Hathor and Set during ancient times.
Unlike most Age of Adventure games Evil Eyes: The Mummy is entirely plot-driven. Every character somehow finds themselves at the game's current setting upon entry, and they'll gain acceptance into the race during in character events based on the team that they choose. Depending on their faction, they may also come in completely uninformed of the events of The Mummy series and develop this knowledge in character.
Here, history is not static and nor are the characters. Although we're set in 1934, historical events prior to the game's current year are static, but future events are not. The game relies on historical events for plot enrichment, and depending on what our characters do during play can affect the course of history.
How globetrotting works
Evil Eyes: The Mummy is one of the first globetrotting adventure games that's managed to successfully introduce the concept during game-play. At the end of each arc, our staff team will put up a submission's thread which our players can reply to and suggest countries and individual locations for the amulet to appear.
When the submission period is over, our staff team will create a poll and our players will vote for one of the suggestions and the winner will become our next country and amulet setting. The staff team will have no part in the voting process unless the voting ends in a tie, which will then enable them to be the tiebreakers.
What films are canon here?Canon:
- The Mummy (1999)
- The Mummy Returns (2001)
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
- The Mummy: Rise of the Aztecs
- The Scorpion King series
- The Mummy Animated series
Are we for you?
Let's face it: Evil Eyes: The Mummy might not be everyone's niche. Overall, we're a small, dedicated community that writes as a hobby and understands when real life gets in the way. If we had to explain our community in one word, it would be tight-knit; however, we welcome newcomers with open arms and nobody's left hanging. The word 'clique' is inexistent from our community's vocabulary as everyone plots with each other.We are for you if:
- You have tolerance of different cultures and religions
- You have the willingness to research character concepts and the setting for enrichment
- You are willing to take the initiative to get involved
- You have the patience to wait for replies or enjoy slower-paced games
- You enjoy community-driven plotting
- You like chronological liquid time
- You enjoy a smaller commmunity with dedicated players
- You like your characters to face the unexpected, even if it means engaging into battle.
- You don't mind it if your character doesn't live 'happily ever after'.
- You want your character to experience more than just romance.
Why are we labeled advanced?
Evil Eyes: The Mummy is labeled advanced not because of our writing expectations, but instead it's due to the amount of researching our staff team and players do in order to ensure accuracy. While we aren't 100% accurate and we will never claim to be, we aim for a higher level of historical accuracy and realism in order to enhance the game-play experience in order to provide our players (and readers) a rich and enjoyable story.